Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I agree with Dave, but since the Felt was wrecked, I'd look carefully at the components to be sure they weren't bent or otherwise damaged in the crash.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
There's a couple more things besides seat post diameter. The BBs are likely to be the same threading (english) and width (68mm), though there are other standards. The other thing to check is the front derailleur-- there are "braze on" (bracket on the frame) types, and types that clamp on the tube. The clamp for those needs to be the correct diameter. You can get adaptors which are a clamp that the 'braze on' type deraileur bolts into.

·
Registered
797 Posts
What about rear drop out spacing? If you have say a 5 gear cog on one, and a 9 grear cog on the other.... (I know a 5 speed is reaching)

·
Registered
432 Posts
People! You are using a computer connected to the internet? It is obvious that too many people give generic answers because they are too damn lazy to look up a Felt F35 and a Giant TCR-2! If you did you would be able to give simple yes or no answers!:mad:

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
What??!!

Insight Driver said:
People! You are using a computer connected to the internet? It is obvious that too many people give generic answers because they are too damn lazy to look up a Felt F35 and a Giant TCR-2! If you did you would be able to give simple yes or no answers!:mad:

:blush2: ...............my word.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey everybody thanks for the reponses. I am quite new to cycling and have tried finding the info on the net but haven't had any luck. I'm going to go ahead and get the bike. thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.