Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some good pics of bikes. Henk Vogels actually rides and aluminum Ridley frame. He says he prefers aluminum. He even rides it in the classics. Got some pics of the BMC rides and others. Cervelo had some sweet bikes too! Cancelara's bike was carbon that he won Roubiax on, I thought sure it'd be aluminum.

·
Self admitted user
143 Posts
Cervelo's?

Some pics of the Cervelo's would make this fan happy

Mosovich said:
Got some good pics of bikes. Henk Vogels actually rides and aluminum Ridley frame. He says he prefers aluminum. He even rides it in the classics. Got some pics of the BMC rides and others. Cervelo had some sweet bikes too! Cancelara's bike was carbon that he won Roubiax on, I thought sure it'd be aluminum.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
That is a HUGE drop from the saddle height to the bar height on the Time!

Geez! Flexible! Whos bike is that?
If I read the name on the bike correctly, it says "M Tosatto" on the down-tube near the BB.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Some people are riding the alu ridley's because the carbon ones have a lot of problems of breaking. Cancellara was riding full carbon frame and full carbon fork during P-R, where as hincapie was on alu/carbon and boonen was on steel/carbon. If you or anyone gets a chance ask the mech. why some of them are riding clinchers...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What???

Where did you get the info that GH was on an aluminum trek? That's not true. They said and if you look at the pictures you can tell it's a 5200 with the seat stay cut and an elastomer stuck in for shock absorbtion. I don't think TB was on steel, but I could believe it alot more than the info about GH. Look at the pictures of his bike. You can clearly see there are no welds, unlike Henk Vogels bike and VanPetegem you can see the welds.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mosovich said:
Where did you get the info that GH was on an aluminum trek? That's not true. They said and if you look at the pictures you can tell it's a 5200 with the seat stay cut and an elastomer stuck in for shock absorbtion. I don't think TB was on steel, but I could believe it alot more than the info about GH. Look at the pictures of his bike. You can clearly see there are no welds, unlike Henk Vogels bike and VanPetegem you can see the welds.
oops... i guess i wasn't clear enough, Hincapie on alu steer tube, boonen on steel steer tube, cancellara on carbon steer tube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts