Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a story on the news (channel 27, Madison) about bike polo.......they appeared to be riding single speeds and spent a good bit of the time either on the ground or getting up.....
Oh there was a some blood involved....bicycles and giant hammers....go figure

edit; at least there was no horse poop

·
Registered
863 Posts
FatTireFred said:
often fixed gears... crashes. don't bring your good bike
I've seen some interesting setups for bike polo, including a left hand drive bike. On a similar note, I've played bike frisbee (everyone else on foot with me on my mtn. bike) and it is quite fun. That is, until you take a frisbee to the front brake rotor and have to have it replaced. :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Reynolds field, near Breese Stevens and Lapham Elementary school, not far from East Washington ave.

Want me to send you a message for the next match? bring a fixie and you'll probably want to start with clipful pedals, or even just platforms.

I've never played, but it sure is fun to watch.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,321 Posts
They used to play bike "soccer" in the field next to velodrome in Indy. Don't believe there was any certain type of bike required. They just split into team and threw a ball out and fought for control of the ball and whatever team got it to the goal, got the point. They switched from soccer balls to cheap kiddie play balls after they popped a few in the chainrings.

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Lots of crashing. Best setup is something that you won't cry over if it gets scratched. Take a mountain bike, throw on slicks, lock the derailleur in a comfortable gear or single speed it and you're good to go.

·
Registered
224 Posts
wooglin said:
Bicycle tag on stingrays, where the object was to ram the other kid, was more fun though.
Thanks for the memories. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gene Kahn said:
Fixie Polo, where in NYC?

Anyone know where they do this here in NYC? I have only read about it, and seen
some bikes with a home made mallet tied on. Love to see this in action.
Gene

Go to the bike shop Trackstar and ask anyone who works in there. i believe they all play polo. In Brooklyn and in Manhattan somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.