Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, I used to ride as a younger pup and now in my mid 40s. I love a certain manufacture and found one in my buget and purchased it. I paid a week ago and the bike still has not shipped out? I have been in good contact with the bike shop but excuses still get in the way of shipping the bike out to me. I have a tracking number but it still has not been picked up from the shop. I also understand people need time to break down and pack a bike but this is starting to scare me a bit?

i have sent what I think will be my last email to the owner and I am going to cancel my order if it doesn't get shipped out today!

what are your thoughts, should I wait longer or not? I think I got a good deal on the bike.

frustrated.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
a week is plenty of time unless the seller is away on vacation (or similar) and clearly communicated his intentions.

if it was a fantastic deal, i might press the seller to ship immediately or face an ebay problem report.

if it wasn't, i might simply ask the purchase to be cancelled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, good feedback, every time I send an email I get a returned email from them. Like right now they stated they were at FedEx, It was closed so they will check back in an hour. If it doesn't go today I can go somewhere else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just need to vent a bit.. I am frustrated right now, Its effecting my thought. Just would like it shipped:cryin::cryin::cryin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
This bike shop isn't in Utah is it? I bought a Look 566 from an ebay bike shop based in Utah and had a similar experience. It can take a few days to pack it up and ship but they should be communicating the process with you.

In my experience, they said they'd ship it by a certain day, that day came and went and no tracking #. Emailed them and they said they got busy and would ship it within the next few days. Still no word, so I called and spoke with the someone at the store and they said the guy who handles eBay sales was out of the office for a couple days. When he finally got back to me, they had sold it in the store while he was out. Tried to sell me a larger size but I declined. Got a refund but they were slow even doing that, I had to file a dispute with PayPal b/c they were taking their time, took 2 weeks to get my money back.

Sounds like your dealer is better than this one though. And you are definitely covered with PayPal if something does happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tracking came thru and it is shipped. I have not been on a road cycle in many years, I used to ride every day and am looking forward to getting back on the saddle again.

i purchased an Infinito, pre CV- I hope it's a good as my last bianchi..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts