Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bike rack for a closet in my apartment next year. The closet's not all that big, and I attached a floor plan. I want to hang my 2 bikes vertically but the catch is that we obviously can't drill any holes in the walls. The first choice would be to just put a couple hooks and hang them that way, but that's out of the question. The ceiling's about 10 feet, probably. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Hard to explain, but easy to do...

In a closet, I'd just screw a couple of big hooks into a wall stud, then fill the holes with spackle and a dot of paint when I moved out. Won't hurt anything, it's cheap and effective and they'll never see it on the inspection.
But if I didn't want to do that, I'd get two lengths of 2x4, cut them to fit, and build something like this: https://www.comfortchannel.com/images/BikeRackAction_Hero1.jpg
You could hang as shown, or screw hooks into the vertical board and hang the bikes by the front wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.