Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love new things. This is going to be ok afterall.

OK, J's post got me to thinking, let's start a thread to see everyone's avatar. Does yours say someting about you? your bike? or just something you like?

RacerX is derrived from the best animated show about racing. Rex Racer (aka Racer X) is Speed's older brother.

I like animee and bike racing, so I combined both interests. How about you? What's the story behind your avatar?

·
check out the podium
535 Posts
"cipo" = "pimp" in italian

Loved this pic, which was circulated shortly after $42 of the '03 Giro. Cipo in his full mac-daddy outfit, complete with the yello tinted glasses, open shirt, sportcoat, jeans and running shoes. Classic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
was a student of Psychology, and loved to study perception. The Necker Cube was my favorite. (albeit it's not cycling related.)

·
100% Atkins free
34 Posts
This avatar was snapped at the top of the Col de la Ramaz during Stage 7 of last year's Tour. The subject was said to have been nodding off after stuffing himself in the party tent after the climb (14K at 7 percent) but maintains to this day that he was merely contemplating the best line for the descent.

:dancing banana would go here:

FWIW,
Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine avatar is not too difficult, but my handle and signature block bears explanation - My philosophy 101 prof. (way back before electricity!) had a 1 panel cartoon of a man walking his dog. The thought balloon above the man said, "I think, therefore I am." The balloon over the dog said, "Bow wow, bow wow." Cracked me up, so I stole it!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
not really bike related, but Bruce Lee kicks a$$

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tater

Tater was taken and I ride a Specialized RB so SpecialTater. Should change to SteelTater since it's all I own. Got nicked Tater in high school for reasons of general stupidity. :confused:

The avatar is self explanatory I hope. :p

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'm just experimenting

I ride a Specialized and my name starts with an S, seemed the thing to do was combine em. I thought it should at least be bike related.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Self-explanatory, I guess.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
racerx said:
I love new things. This is going to be ok afterall.

OK, J's post got me to thinking, let's start a thread to see everyone's avatar. Does yours say someting about you? your bike? or just something you like?

RacerX is derrived from the best animated show about racing. Rex Racer (aka Racer X) is Speed's older brother.

I like animee and bike racing, so I combined both interests. How about you? What's the story behind your avatar?
hey guys,

I have an avatar that I've been using since someone posted it here as a random file. It is 100 pixels wide by 86 pixels tall.

How the heck do I resize this thing?

I've been using it pretty much everywhere BUT here with no problems...

See pic attached (I hope!)

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's me back in Jan 1992 1st time doing the Tough Guy challenge, Wolverhampton, UK. Crazy all terrain running race about 10+ miles long. Up to my waist in icy water. The front runners managed to get across lots of the water before the ice broke!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts