Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family trip to WDW in Orlando over Spring Break with my kids. I am trying to decide if I bring my own bike with or try and rent something halfway decent somewhere at the resorts. I have two little girls and my wife that will be traveling with me so I don't really want to bring the bike if I don't have to considering I will already have enough to carry. I just don't know the types of bikes they will have. I am sure they are nothing to write home about but I am hoping something halfway decent.
Thanks...

·
Registered
61 Posts
bbalka said:
I have a family trip to WDW in Orlando over Spring Break with my kids. I am trying to decide if I bring my own bike with or try and rent something halfway decent somewhere at the resorts. I have two little girls and my wife that will be traveling with me so I don't really want to bring the bike if I don't have to considering I will already have enough to carry. I just don't know the types of bikes they will have. I am sure they are nothing to write home about but I am hoping something halfway decent.
Thanks...

If you rent from Disney you will get a beach cruiser bike... They are fun and there is a ton of places to cruise around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure bikes are allowed

My wife did a triathlon there in October and they were adamant about not riding on Disney property (other then the race of course!). I don't believe you will be able to rent or ride within Disney.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
bbalka said:
Thanks...
take a break from the bike. there is really nowhere to ride outside the park that is in any way fun or safe and inside the park you just will get a beach cruiser. better to go to the boardwalk and rent one of those bike cars that seat 6 and tool around in one of them. they are fun and you can take the family with you.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
You can around some of the hotels

mortman said:
My wife did a triathlon there in October and they were adamant about not riding on Disney property (other then the race of course!). I don't believe you will be able to rent or ride within Disney.
I know you can rent bikes at the Swan and Dolphin. I don't think you can take them into the parks themselves, but there's a lot of road around there. I think the poster who said they're mainly beach cruisers is right, though. I looked for a LBS in Orlando that rented real bikes and couldn't find one. If anyone does, please post it. I have to go down there for business trade shows a couple of times a year, and would love to find a place to rent a decent bike.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
633 said:
I know you can rent bikes at the Swan and Dolphin. I don't think you can take them into the parks themselves, but there's a lot of road around there. I think the poster who said they're mainly beach cruisers is right, though. I looked for a LBS in Orlando that rented real bikes and couldn't find one. If anyone does, please post it. I have to go down there for business trade shows a couple of times a year, and would love to find a place to rent a decent bike.
There's a lot of road around there, but it's pretty much flat with little to no shoulders and driven by tourists without a clue and old people whose best driving days are behind them. I'd be careful if you venture out. Side rant: WDW drives me nuts. It's too fake, homogenous and clean. After a week staying at the Dolphin or Swan I'm ready to punch Mickey in the face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.