Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mtb was run over in the parking lot at a race destroying the cockpit/controls and seat. I have a good idea who did it, but no evidence. I am trying to contact that person but have not yet been successful. What are my means of redress, if I cannot find and or prove the person who ran it over can I make a claim on my car insurance to reduce my costs? has anyone had this problem? thanks

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Uh, why was it in the parking lot? I sure wouldn't leave my bike laying around with active cars.

Crunch.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it wasnt so much a parking lot a field where cars were parked, and it was right next to my car. yes this might not have been the best place but this was a bike race and the other driver was also a racer and should have looked, and as such is still at fault for hitting it

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Sorry, but you left your bike lying on the ground, and somebody drove over it?????
This is your fault.
Never leave your bike where somebody can drive over it. Either put it on top, or inside your car.

· Registered
55 Posts
You cant blame the poor buggar for driving over it? How would he have seen a bike on the ground?

The bike has to be in your car to be claimed on car insurance. "Sorry I left my laptop on the bonnet and someone stole it can I claim on car insurance?"

Sorry bud, think you're screwed

· Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
First I would have no idea how you would prove that someone ran over your bike unless they had a chunk of you bike in their tire. Next I would say it was a complete accident and I doubt you would be able to get anything from the person. Hell, people back over kids and nothing happens to the driver.

· Registered
2,771 Posts
sounds like you don't have any proof whatsoever of who did it.
sure it sucks that happened but you've got be damn careful where you put your ride!

contact the manuf. they might feel sympathy and give you a good deal on a crash replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.