Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a bike I had up for sale yesterday and than I get these emails below. It does not sound right and I do not like the guys verbage. The guy is not even asking about the bike, its details - it sounds very odd.

It sounds like one of those Nigerian email scams.What do you guys think?

==========================
XXXXX XXXXXX <XXXXXXXXXXXX>
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Klein Quantum.............................$1,099
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:40:03 +0000 [View Source]

Hello,
I'm interested in the purchase of your Klein Quantum so let me know it present condition and availabilty. Endeavour to get back to me with your last asking price and it pics. Payment will be made with Cashier Check I will be looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
=================================

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Payment Details!!!!!
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:19:44 +0000 [View Source]

Hello,
Thanks for your mail, I 'm interested in purchasing it.Concerning the shipment,my shipper will come and pick it up from your location as soon as we seal this transaction. A client of mine is owing me some funds ($6,300) I will instruct him to issue the cashier check in your name and You will deduct the cost of the Klein Geometry ($1,099) and send the leftover by western union money transfer for immediate shipping arrangment of your goods as well as many other goods in several other location. If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately with your information as listed below for me to instruct my client to issue the cashier check in your name. so get back to me with the following details!!!

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
TEL NUMBER:

Best regards.

NB:I WILL COMPENSATE YOU WITH ($10) TO GET THE ADVERT
REMOVED FROM THE INTERNET AND CONSIDER IT SOLD TO ME.
========================

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,622 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
They are scams -- You will deposit the check and your account will be credited, then the cashiers check/money order will bounce when presented by your bank to the issuing bank a little while later and your account will be debited leaving you a very unhappy camper -- for overseas sales direct wire transfers and paypalk are the only way to go.... or cash!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.