·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I am down to these three bikes:

2009 Scott Speedster S30 $1019 at REI
2009 Novara Strada $975 at REI
2007 Canondale Synapse 1 $1300 at local bike shop

All three have Shimano 105 (Canondale has Ultegra Rear derailleur).

I am 6 feet tall, 210. Used to be an avid rider. Looking to get back into it for hobby/exercise, mainly (maybe a century here and then.)

I want a good bike, that will last me... So, I won't want to be buying another in a few years, because I've outgrown this one...

Thoughts???

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
jconway1968 said:
Ok. I am down to these three bikes:

2009 Scott Speedster S30 $1019 at REI
2009 Novara Strada $975 at REI
2007 Canondale Synapse 1 $1300 at local bike shop

All three have Shimano 105 (Canondale has Ultegra Rear derailleur).

I am 6 feet tall, 210. Used to be an avid rider. Looking to get back into it for hobby/exercise, mainly (maybe a century here and then.)

I want a good bike, that will last me... So, I won't want to be buying another in a few years, because I've outgrown this one...

Thoughts???
I have no first hand experience with any of these models, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Of the three, judging from the geo and specs, I thing the Scott would be a more entertaining ride than the other two. The geo looks to be a little more aggressive, so you may have a differing opinion. FWIW, overall, the Speedsters have been getting pretty good press (see links below). Third choice (IMO) would the the C'dale. I just don't think it's worth $300 +/- more than the other two.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/scott/PRD_412177_5668crx.aspx

REview is for the S20, but it's the same frameset/ geo as S30:
http://www.bicycling.com/gear/detail/0,7989,s1-16-157-859-0,00.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I just picked up a 09 Strada, I love it. What sold me was the warrenty through REI. The strada is light ( for what it is) and nimble. My only draw back with the strada is it's orange :( LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.