Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone refer me to a cool bike shop in Amsterdam. I'd be browsing for accessories, clothing or components. My hotel, Radisson Blu, is located in the historic center.
Thanks in advance.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Google maps shows a few Presto Cycle Sport shops. Others there seem like scooter shops.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
can't help w/ amsterdam, but if you get down to the hague try mammoet

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Rih and Tromm. Rih is pretty cool. Try googling Rih bikes and you might not get much in English but you'll probably get enough for a general idea.

There's a bunch of bike shops but most of them that I saw, as a tourist, are mainly for bike rentals and city bikes not so much road bikes.

Speaking of bikes, take a walk over to the train station during the day after everyone has gotten to work. You have to see it to believe it. All the bikes are junkers but the number of bikes is just amazing.

edit, this picture doesn't do it justice but to give you an idea of what I meant by the bikes outside the train station: https://www.airninja.com/pictures/amsterdam/amsterdam_bikes.jpg

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
A ton of bike shops, but only a few race bike shops. Try Lohman, De Clercqstraat 74-76. Open Tuesday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm; Thursday evening 7 - 9 pm; Saturday 9 am - 5 pm.

Basic web site: http://www.lohman.nl/

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
FatTireFred said:
can't help w/ amsterdam, but if you get down to the hague try mammoet
The last time I went there they tried to charge me 10% over MRSP for a 105 cassette, I told them to get f*cked and ordered it online. Oh, and they charge you more for items you buy in their shop than advertized on the web. De koffie staat klaar, roeren met een sigaar! :rolleyes:

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
There are Intersport shops all over Europe and most sell a good deal of cycling gear. They seem to be a franchise and most had kits from that specific shop.

I found one shop (not Intersport) in Germany in an industrial park type area that was a huge wearhouse so you may want to ask some locals when you get there. Just don't ask the guy on the commuter, find someone on a MTB or road bike.

Here is the kicker. Try to make sure you look for them when they are open. I can't tell you how many times I happened to drive by a shop while driving through areas to find them closed. They typically open at 10am and close at 5pm. I missed out on some cool kits.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
rogger said:
The last time I went there they tried to charge me 10% over MRSP for a 105 cassette, I told them to get f*cked and ordered it online. Oh, and they charge you more for items you buy in their shop than advertized on the web. De koffie staat klaar, roeren met een sigaar! :rolleyes:

but their kits are cool...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts