Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· 'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do NOT feel free to come in to the shop and ring every bell in the place repeatedly. They all sound the same, even the $50.00 ones. Also do NOT let your small children entertain themselves for 37 minutes by ringing ever damn bell in the place while you're looking at bikes/shoes/helmets/clothing. /rant.

· Registered
9,597 Posts
Please do NOT feel free to come in to the shop and ring every bell in the place repeatedly. They all sound the same, even the $50.00 ones. Also do NOT let your small children entertain themselves for 37 minutes by ringing ever damn bell in the place while you're looking at bikes/shoes/helmets/clothing. /rant.
Noisy at work today?

· Banned Sock Puppet
17,776 Posts
I've been in the shop when kids did sh!t like this. Drives the employees nuts. I was talking to one of the mechanics I know well when this happened. He had a few choice words that he did not mince.

· Banned Sock Puppet
17,776 Posts
Rule #2 if you work at a shop - do NOT eff with your fellow employees' bikes, no practical jokes. You can get devious, but it's all been done before. Strictly off limits.
Payback could be a byotch.

· 'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noisy at work today?
I swear it was like the bicycle bell was invented last night. Crazy.
I've been in the shop when kids did sh!t like this. Drives the employees nuts. I was talking to one of the mechanics I know well when this happened. He had a few choice words that he did not mince.
Everyone has their own comment...it gets pretty funny.
Rule #2 if you work at a shop - do NOT eff with your fellow employees' bikes, no practical jokes. You can get devious, but it's all been done before. Strictly off limits.
Except for new guys/girls...they get the whole deal. What's your favorite? If you were to have one, I mean. ;)
The only thing worse than kids is parents.
So true...

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Except for new guys/girls...they get the whole deal. What's your favorite? If you were to have one, I mean. ;)
I won't divulge much. But two popular categories are around adding unnoticed (yet significant) weight and introducing noises. When adding noise, you can basically take two approaches - be obvious and obnoxious, like adding a loose nipple in their rim, or I've heard of other more subtle approaches that don't sacrifice the mechanical wellbeing of the bike.

I'd give the newbies a break.... except put Nair in their chamois

· Banned Sock Puppet
17,776 Posts
I'd give the newbies a break.... except put Nair in their chamois
I guess that's not as bad as putting Nair in their helmet. :eek:

· Banned Sock Puppet
17,776 Posts
Any thoughts on rearranging the displays so that the bells will be above # feet from floor where the kids can't reach? :unsure: 💡

Also, does your shop have one of these signs?
I like this one better:
Picture frame Rectangle Body jewelry Font Wood

Reactions: bvber and cxwrench

· Administrator
13,174 Posts
Rule #3, hot food for the staff automatically will fill a previously empty shop with customers. Rule #4, the Sunk Cost Fallacy does not apply to customers who "got a deal" on a terrible used bike and now will pour $$$ into making that 10 year old Performance house brand beater work. Rule #5, dropped parts are easy to find unless they are proprietary, no longer made, or on back order in which case they will disappear to the quantum realm never to be seen again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts