Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are bike shorts supposed to put a lot of pressure/compression on your package? I was trying on some small size Trek shorts (since they were 50% off). The waist felt fine, the legs felt fine. But it seemed to really compress my package quite a bit. I understand that it's going to be more firm down there than with regular old nylon shorts and such. But after trying a few pairs on and standing up/sitting down and so on, I started to get that slightly queazy feeling my stomach/loins that you kind of get when injuring your junk.

Normal?

I tried some medium shorts on too (not on sale) and didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Maybe a bit less crushing going on down there. Any size bigger would probably be too big in the waist.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Not normal. It should be held firmly in place, but definitely no pain. Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong.... Might want to consider seeing a doctor?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shermes said:
I wear a cup to prevent that, and i have to ask does trek make good bike shorts?
Hmmm...That is an idea. Does that get at all uncomfortable when riding, though?

I'm not sure if they make good shorts. The normal price of these were $40-50, which is rather inexpensive. They were 50% off, which made them very tempting at only $20-25.

·
CEO Of The Internet
205 Posts
atomheartmother said:
Hmmm...That is an idea. Does that get at all uncomfortable when riding, though?

I'm not sure if they make good shorts. The normal price of these were $40-50, which is rather inexpensive. They were 50% off, which made them very tempting at only $20-25.

Only after around about 700km and I don't normally ride any more than 500km a day. I only asked about the shorts because I've heard trek makes good bikes.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have some bibshorts that don't seem to fit great when standing, but once I am sitting on the bike they fit just right. My favorite shorts seem to perform well when riding (current faves are Castelli Free bibshorts), but not so great for standing around in.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Ranilus said:
Maybe your package is just too big for regular shorts.
Is that why his wife walks down the street with that huge smile on her face!!

Oh and to the original question, different brands fit you differently. Cannondale fits me the best followed by Peral Iz

·
Registered
71 Posts
atomheartmother said:
Are bike shorts supposed to put a lot of pressure/compression on your package? I was trying on some small size Trek shorts (since they were 50% off). The waist felt fine, the legs felt fine. But it seemed to really compress my package quite a bit. I understand that it's going to be more firm down there than with regular old nylon shorts and such. But after trying a few pairs on and standing up/sitting down and so on, I started to get that slightly queazy feeling my stomach/loins that you kind of get when injuring your junk.

Normal?

I tried some medium shorts on too (not on sale) and didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Maybe a bit less crushing going on down there. Any size bigger would probably be too big in the waist.

Yes, it is normal. The idea is that the shorts press on your balls restricting testosterone production so you lose some of your upper body mass and start to look like a those skinny, half sized men that are pro riders. :D

But seriously, I bought a new pair of shorts recently and they felt extra tight on my junk but after a few rides they seem to have loosened up a little and are more comfortable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.