Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that I am in between 2 bike sizes. A 54cm and a 56cm. I am 5'10" with longer legs and arms than normal. I have a 33" inseam. Without getting custom measurements, which size do you guys think I should get? I would then get a professional bike fit to dial-in the bike to my body.

· Registered
100 Posts
That depends! I'm 5' 10" with 32" inseam and ride a 54CM Felt. Had I purchased a Trek, I would have had to go with a 56. The Geometry between the two models were so different, there was no way to make a blanket decision on size. Go with the one that feels most comfortable.

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
mtb2road said:
That depends! I'm 5' 10" with 32" inseam and ride a 54CM Felt. Had I purchased a Trek, I would have had to go with a 56. The Geometry between the two models were so different, there was no way to make a blanket decision on size. Go with the one that feels most comfortable.
Good point, and it brings up another. IMO, if the OP is open to/ planning on a pro bike fit, get that accomplished before focusing on bikes and sizing. The frame size questions will be answered (in part) by using the findings from the bike fit.

· What up, dog?
473 Posts
mtb2road said:
Interesting. Both of my Felts rode small. Just goes to show - try before you buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.