Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
We really need more info. Assuming the person that told you knew what they were talking about, we need to know what frame he was referring to when he said you were a 56ctc. We need to see the geometry on that frame. A top tube measurement is a much better way to determine whether a frame will fit you expecially when going between compact and standard geometry frames

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an easier way i think because i don't know what bike they were talking about so....
i did the fit size calculator from competitive cyclist and heres what i got (i think i want the eddy fit because i want a little growing room)

Measurements
-------------------------------------------
Inseam: 33
Trunk: 24
Forearm: 14
Arm: 24
Thigh: 24
Lower Leg: 22
Sternal Notch: 56
Total Body Height: 68

The Competitive Fit (cm)
Seat tube range c-c: 54.3 - 54.8
Seat tube range c-t: 56.0 - 56.5
Top tube length: 53.4 - 53.8
Stem Length: 10.9 - 11.5
BB-Saddle Position: 75.1 - 77.1
Saddle-Handlebar: 51.6 - 52.2
Saddle Setback: 5.0 - 5.4
Seatpost Type: NON-SETBACK

The Eddy Fit (cm)
Seat tube range c-c: 55.5 - 56.0
Seat tube range c-t: 57.2 - 57.7
Top tube length: 53.4 - 53.8
Stem Length: 9.8 - 10.4
BB-Saddle Position: 74.3 - 76.3
Saddle-Handlebar: 52.4 - 53.0
Saddle Setback: 6.2 - 6.6
Seatpost Type: SETBACK

The French Fit (cm)
Seat tube range c-c: 57.2 - 57.7
Seat tube range c-t: 58.9 - 59.4
Top tube length: 54.6 - 55.0
Stem Length: 10.0 - 10.6
BB-Saddle Position: 72.6 - 74.6
Saddle-Handlebar: 54.1 - 54.7
Saddle Setback: 5.7 - 6.1
Seatpost Type: SETBACK

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
too large...

I'd recheck you inseam real carefully, as described at this site:

www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit

I also have a hard time believing your lower leg is 22 inches long. If so, you've got some darn short uppr legs.

If your inseam is 84cm, then a 55-56 c-c frame is too large. That standover heights would be 81-82cm, which is too tall. The TT lengths would also be too long for your height.

What you probably need is 52-53cm c-c or 54-55cm c-t.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i checked my inseam again and i was an inch off it is actually 34 inches (86.3cm)

with that said.....what size modena do u think i need? I think i am in between sizes since they only make a 54, 56, 58 and each has a pretty big difference in the c-t length

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
a 54

If you had some riding experience and an actual saddle height, measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle, along the center of the seat tube, it would be more valuable than your inseam measurement.

The problem you'll find is that you have long legs and a short torso. The 54cm would best suit your torso. I'd recommend a tall headset, like the Cane Creek Solos to increase the head tube stack height on the 54cm. This frame has a pretty radical slope to the TT, making the seat tube length about as hort as you could tolerate. A 350mm seatpost would be a must.

If you're still growing, the 56cm might be the better choice, but it may require a 20mm shorter stem. You may find a 90-100mm length is necessary. The head tube is plenty long so a standard headset would provide enough height. It wouldn't be an ideal fit right now, but maybe next year?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.