Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kiddo (el destructo) had her 3rd birthday party this past weekend. Grandma got her first bike.

[snob] its a huffy...with dizney princesses on it [/snob]

oh well. kiddo likes it and finally has a decent helmet. hopefully she won't use it as a soccer ball and/or something to drop kick.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bmxhacksaw said:
Do Huffys make good princesses?

too soon to tell, but at least the white tires don't put marks all over the walls at the moment.

i'll make sure i take video when she starts wheelie-dropping the front porch steps :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had the same thing happen this weekend... Was out on the town with a buddy and ended up meeting a cool chick. Told her that I cycle, and she says.. "Oh awesome, my sis and I just went out and bought some new bikes so we can get into cycling... and for some exercise." I was all excited, "Nice", I say... "What kind.?" "oh, just some mountain bikes". Fort Collins has a fairly large Cycling community right, so I am hoping that they made their purchase at one of the 11ty LBS's in town. "where did you get them?" ............ "At Toys are Us" she says..... :-/ (poker face). Oh right on.

I tried my best to be nice, but I did warn them that bicycles that are purchased there can be mis-leading and yada yada... bla bla bla. Told her to heed the warning on the bike that it is not for off-road use. I also offered to take a look at them to make sure they were assembled properly and ready for riding. Tried my best to not be that "snob". All in all, it is great that they are interested, if we end up hangin out more in the future maybe I will be able to get her on a proper ride... [kode or not... u decide].

Oh, they have a pool as well... and I offered to be her pool boy. It was quite a night, I did miss out on the Riots though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts