Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Park bike stand, what a difference that makes! Does anyone know of a handy way to stabilize the handle bars when the bike is in the stand? I know Park sells a gizmo for that pupose but am curious if there is a quick solution.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rubber Bands...

If you have the front wheel on the bike and you don't need to spin it, take a large rubber band and hook it over the valve stem, wrap it around the down tube and back to the valve stem.

Simple and it works.

Stewart

·
Registered
180 Posts
You can use a toe strap. Although, I find that the best thing is to just tilt the front of the bike lower than the rest. Eventually, you'll get used to working with the stand, and it'll become part of you. You'll learn how to wori with it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just make sure that the clamp holding the seat post is vertical. That makes the bike look like it's running downhill and the front wheel stays centered on it's own.

Incidentally, I used to have a Park handlebar holder. Hated it. You have to use a rag or something under it so you don't scratch the top tube, it worked with small top tubes better than fat ones, and it was always interfering with top tube routed cables. PITA.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Park holder

Spoke Wrench said:
I just make sure that the clamp holding the seat post is vertical. That makes the bike look like it's running downhill and the front wheel stays centered on it's own.

Incidentally, I used to have a Park handlebar holder. Hated it. You have to use a rag or something under it so you don't scratch the top tube, it worked with small top tubes better than fat ones, and it was always interfering with top tube routed cables. PITA.

I have the Park holder and it works fine. What is scratching the top tube on yours? Mine is coated in vinyl; have never had a scratching ptoblem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.