Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea the rest of the country seems to do theirs early in the spring. Here in Colorado we wait until the heat of the summer :rolleyes: so that folks will really get into commuting :thumbsup:

I posted my pics over in the Rocky Mountain forum.

Here is the linky and a couple teaser pics

· Call me a Fred
17,026 Posts
Everyone one knows that it does not get hot in Colorado during the summer.

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MikeBiker said:
Everyone one knows that it does not get hot in Colorado during the summer.
Yea right wait till Sunday.

I was only thinking if you want to try and convert folks to commuting it might work better on a 70 degree day rather than a 90 degree day. Folks don't want to be uncomfortable, and to get a couch potoato out of his air conditioned lair and onto a bike on a 90 degree day just isn't going to convince most of them to give it a second shot after they sweat all the way home.:thumbsup:

· Registered
108 Posts
I think the later date is based on Boulder's Bike Week celebration (at least 20 yrs old, that I know of) & their path system running along the creek so much. Due to the snow melt during May, the bike paths in many areas flood over. In some places the path is 3 to 4 ft below the runoff water level. Boulder pretty much had to push Bike Week into June to allow the paths to drain off & dry out. As DRCOG joined in, I think their date was driven by Boulder's already established event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.