Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little ditty about Jack and Dianne......... Oh wait, just wnated to see how many of us rode in today. For me, every day is bike to work day. Also, wanted to let everyone know that I did see more bikers out today. Good Job, Denver!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I saw a lot more out as well...

it looks like only 6 of us at my office are biking to work. Out of 27 thats pretty lame. We're an architecture company that specializes in Health and Fitness design such as Rec. Centers, Spas, Health Clubs etc. I would have hoped for 50%

Personaly, bike to work day is every day. I started right out of college in 01. Even rid myself of my truck 3 years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, some people on bikes are/is better than none. I work for a General Contractor and only three of us rode to work. We have 60 office personel. Good job on getting to work safe! Also, good job on riding on a daily basis. I do it also. The only time I don't is when I have mid-day off site meetings, so I usually get 4 days of biking in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm jealous...my building downtown does not allow bikes inside :mad: and there is no way I'm locking up one of my machines out on the street. I'd love to just be able to bring my bike up to my office in the freight elevator. :mad2:

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
1 of about 25, but then I ride 2-3 days a week anyway. I was too early for the free food in Arvada, and don't go down the Platte far enough to hit the free stuff down town, oh well. I did count 25 bukes oon the trails this morning, previous record, 8! Good Job Denver.

·
Registered
157 Posts
1 out of 77 in my office area here. Bad bad turnout for my work. 2 guys were supposed to join me, but they backed out yesterday.
Many more on the trails by me too. On the C-470 trail I usually see only one or two other riders during the 5 am hour, I saw close to 15 today.
Sadly, my route doesn't pass by any breakfast stations and the breakfast spread that was supposed to be setup at my work wasn't ready at 6:00 when I rolled in. (overall my work probably had a large # of riders, thus the breakfast spread, but my area was poorly represented)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's good to see that there are some of us out there that are willing to go without the hastle of driving to work on a daily basis. PD, sorry to hear about not being able to take your bike into your office. When I started out here with my company, I made it clear that I would be biking to work and that my bike was coming in with me. When asked why, I simply told my boss that my bike is worth more than my, or his, car. He saw why I would want to bring it into the office after that camment.

Good work guy's (and gal's, too). See you on the way back!

Mark

·
Off the back.
102 Posts
I did the bike commute today. 22 miles each way, took me about 1:07 this morning. Watching the radar to see how bad it is going to get and if I'm gonna end up on the bus or just ride home and chance getting soaked.

My office was 50% bike to work, but then there are just 2 of us so my numbers are a bit skewed....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
ProudDaddy said:
I'm jealous...my building downtown does not allow bikes inside :mad: and there is no way I'm locking up one of my machines out on the street. I'd love to just be able to bring my bike up to my office in the freight elevator. :mad2:
p-diddy, have you tried to approach the bldg managment on the subject. Let them know the concerns of locking your ride outside, and aleviate some of theirs. Offer to use the fright elevator, carry the bike, and store it over protected flooring. I got through to my previous bldg management this way. Their concern is quite valid but let them know you aren't the norm.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dfleck said:
p-diddy, have you tried to approach the bldg managment on the subject. Let them know the concerns of locking your ride outside, and aleviate some of theirs. Offer to use the fright elevator, carry the bike, and store it over protected flooring. I got through to my previous bldg management this way. Their concern is quite valid but let them know you aren't the norm.
Thanks - I've thought about this and I like your approach. If they gave me access to use the freight elevator, the bike would never see the building lobby or any fancy flooring surface. I'd store the bike in my office. I could understand their remaining concern of granting me access to the building freight entrance and elevator access, which used to always be open but is now closed in the post 9/11 era. Definitely worth a try though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.