Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· In need of sock puppet
9,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week is Santa Cruz's 21st annual Bike to Work Week.

The event is driven by Piet Canin, in cooperation with a mix of county and city entities, private businesses and some hard working volunteers. Many local businesses offer free breakfast, lunches, coffee and snacks for pedal powered commuters. It's a great community-wide event.

If your community is ripe for a bike-commuter focus, this is a great reference for how to have fun, while building exposure for bikes in the workplace.

· duh...
9,749 Posts
I hope your commuters will be giving each other all the ackonwledgement they desire and won't be shooting each other dirty looks like they do further down the coast

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
FatTireFred said:
I hope your commuters will be giving each other all the ackonwledgement they desire and won't be shooting each other dirty looks like they do further down the coast
No worries about dirty looks heading in or out of SC. With the coastal winds, the speed differential between riders heading the opposite direction means that you don't have time to make a face at them.

Ride to work day here in the Seattle area is Friday. I have three problems with that:

1. I have some driveway work being done on Friday, so both vehicles need to be out of the way. I live in a rural area so it's not like I can move them out on the street.

2. It is officially called Starbucks Ride to Work Day. Why do we need corporate sponsorship to ride our bikes.

3. I ride to work at least four days a week, what makes Friday special to me?

· Banned
7,191 Posts
thinkcooper said:
This week is Santa Cruz's 21st annual Bike to Work Week.

The event is driven by Piet Canin, in cooperation with a mix of county and city entities, private businesses and some hard working volunteers. Many local businesses offer free breakfast, lunches, coffee and snacks for pedal powered commuters. It's a great community-wide event.

If your community is ripe for a bike-commuter focus, this is a great reference for how to have fun, while building exposure for bikes in the workplace.

Wow. Pretty impressive. As bike friendly as Madison is, our program is crap compared to that. I'll be emailing that link to our local bike fed.

· In need of sock puppet
9,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigbill said:
3. I ride to work at least four days a week, what makes Friday special to me?
I had the same thought rolling in this morning.

There are more riders out bike commuting this week than normal, that makes me smile, maybe if the gorgeous weather holds up they'll stick it out for more than a week. Tomorrow, I'm gonna stop by Fox Shocks on my way in to see what they're supplying for the free breakfast. Starbucks coffee? nah...

buck-50 said:
Wow. Pretty impressive. As bike friendly as Madison is, our program is crap compared to that. I'll be emailing that link to our local bike fed.
Cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.