Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey PaulCL...you ready? Heading out tomorrow at about 8:30...see you in Pagosa Springs. I hope they have the beer tent set up. Did you say you were cmping or staying in hotels?

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jtolleson said:
Have fun BoJo and be safe. Keep an eye out for OUT Spokin' jerseys. The blonde on the LOOK is my ex, but we're still on good terms.
made it back with no flats or accidents for the week. That was a tough ride for me. Lots of climbing. Speaking of women on the ride...there were more of them than I remember being on RTR. Most in excellent shape and many very attractive! ;)

// Only casualty of the ride Lost my Polar S720i at the Mancos campground the last day... ;( Hoping someone turns it in.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
no flats or mechanicals either

Bocephus Jones II said:
made it back with no flats or accidents for the week. That was a tough ride for me. Lots of climbing. Speaking of women on the ride...there were more of them than I remember being on RTR. Most in excellent shape and many very attractive! ;)

// Only casualty of the ride Lost my Polar S720i at the Mancos campground the last day... ;( Hoping someone turns it in.
The only thing that broke down was my body. On the final day, the tendonitis in my right knee acted up. At the 60 mile mark, it hurt so badly I could hardly pedal. I regrettfully sagged it in. I've never had knee problems before. On Friday, with 10miles left in the day, my right knee started to hurt. It hurt all day Saturday but eventually became too painful to continue. I guess my body isn't used to riding 470 miles in one week up and down mountains. My body just said "stop".

Yup...lots of attractive women. But as a happily married man, all I could do was look and talk. Loved the beer. Had a good time camping which was unexpected. I was dreading the camping part but I slept really well. The key to the camping was to get in early and get a good spot. Otherwise, you got stuck in the middle of a maze of campers. Creede was the worst for that. Montrose was the best except for the dog sh*t all over the area we camped. We set up our tents then spent too much time picking up turds. Mancos was the best town as for hospitality. I enjoyed my time in Telluride but was happy to get back on the bike - heck - I couldn't afford to stay in Telluride too much longer. Damn...a 1200 sqft shack for $800,000 !! That's it - if I ever sell my house, I'm picking it up and trucking it to Telluride. I'd be a multimillionaire.

Without hesitation, I would ride this ride again. My wife, on the other hand, might have a problem with it. Eight days of being a single parent, driving kids to activiites, making dinner, putting them to bed, etc...was just a few days too many for her. She asked if I would please keep my bike trips to a long weekend until our oldest can drive in 2 years. I think that's fair. I guess you might see me on the 2008 version of BTC or Pedal the Peaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.