Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· $4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home yesterday from the Bike Tour of Colorado (BTC). On Saturday evening, I heard thru the 'grapevine' that a rider was hit and killed by a truck Saturday afternoon. I can't find any info on it - if it actually happened. I've looked in the Durango, Denver and Pagosa Springs newspaper websites.

Anybody know the truth???

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
That sucks. One of my good friends is out there doing the ride for the third year. Hope he is ok...

Guess i'll find out this Wednesday when he is supposed to lead a ride here.

· Racial Profiler
371 Posts

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
PaulCL said:
I just got home yesterday from the Bike Tour of Colorado (BTC). On Saturday evening, I heard thru the 'grapevine' that a rider was hit and killed by a truck Saturday afternoon. I can't find any info on it - if it actually happened. I've looked in the Durango, Denver and Pagosa Springs newspaper websites.

Anybody know the truth???
That sucks...the traffic was brutal Saturday. ******** in pickups and greyhairs in RVs that don't know how to drive piss me off.

//not commenting about this particular accident...looks like they just pulled a U-turn at the wrong time. Cyclist's error....that said...the traffic wasn't too hospitable to cyclists that day--especially when we got near Pagosa Spgs.

///PaulCL...your an idiot. Pics of BTC to come. :)

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
moreon

Bocephus Jones II said:
That sucks...the traffic was brutal Saturday. ******** in pickups and greyhairs in RVs that don't know how to drive piss me off.

//not commenting about this particular accident...looks like they just pulled a U-turn at the wrong time. Cyclist's error....that said...the traffic wasn't too hospitable to cyclists that day--especially when we got near Pagosa Spgs.

///PaulCL...your an idiot. Pics of BTC to come. :)
Sorry I never called...I lost your number. I wore my RBR jersey day one and day seven. I did catch your white board note to me on Saturday. Imbasil. Thanks. My pictures will come in a couple days....

NOTE: the "moreon' comment was directed to Bocephus not the rider killed. Even though it does look like the guy made a moronic move. But nobody deserves his fate. Sorry for any confusion.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
PaulCL said:
Sorry I never called...I lost your number. I wore my RBR jersey day one and day seven. I did catch your white board note to me on Saturday. Imbasil. Thanks. My pictures will come in a couple days....

NOTE: the "moreon' comment was directed to Bocephus not the rider killed. Even though it does look like the guy made a moronic move. But nobody deserves his fate. Sorry for any confusion.
Yeah I made a game out of putting messages to you on the white boards, but I think you must have been getting up earlier except for Sat--we were on the road by 545am that day so we could get home at a reasonable hour. I took a ton of pix...will post some when I get them downloaded. I have the 512 CF card with me today, but forgot that my work computer has no CF slot so will have to wait till I get home.

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6 Am

Bocephus Jones II said:
Yeah I made a game out of putting messages to you on the white boards, but I think you must have been getting up earlier except for Sat--we were on the road by 545am that day so we could get home at a reasonable hour. I took a ton of pix...will post some when I get them downloaded. I have the 512 CF card with me today, but forgot that my work computer has no CF slot so will have to wait till I get home.
I was usually out on the road by 6 or 6:30am. I never thought about writing on the board?? Duh?? We were on the road Saturday around 6:30am. I had a real bad day on Saturday. Tendonitis in my right knee was so bad that I had to stop a few times along the route. I didn't want to do it, but I sagged in with about 20 miles to go. I was real dissappointed, but the pain was too intense to go on. I was afraid of creating a more serious injury. Oh well...so I only rode 460 miles last week instead of 480.

I had to use a film camera on this trip. It's waterproof (sweatproof and hail proof) and besides, my wife needed the digital. I'm having the shots put onto a CD so I can share...

I had a lot of fun on the trip. The camping wasn't so bad, Telluride was beautiful, and the riding strenuous. The towns were great - particularly Mancos. Maybe those beers in Mancos Friday night hurt my Saturday morning??? Saturday night in Durango, a few of us were stuck waiting until Sunday AM flights so we hit a micro brewery. A nice celebration. Lots of beer. I'm gonna miss that good beer....

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
PaulCL said:
I was usually out on the road by 6 or 6:30am. I never thought about writing on the board?? Duh?? We were on the road Saturday around 6:30am. I had a real bad day on Saturday. Tendonitis in my right knee was so bad that I had to stop a few times along the route. I didn't want to do it, but I sagged in with about 20 miles to go. I was real dissappointed, but the pain was too intense to go on. I was afraid of creating a more serious injury. Oh well...so I only rode 460 miles last week instead of 480.

I had to use a film camera on this trip. It's waterproof (sweatproof and hail proof) and besides, my wife needed the digital. I'm having the shots put onto a CD so I can share...

I had a lot of fun on the trip. The camping wasn't so bad, Telluride was beautiful, and the riding strenuous. The towns were great - particularly Mancos. Maybe those beers in Mancos Friday night hurt my Saturday morning??? Saturday night in Durango, a few of us were stuck waiting until Sunday AM flights so we hit a micro brewery. A nice celebration. Lots of beer. I'm gonna miss that good beer....
I took the digital--had one of those Bento boxes to keep it in and a ziploc bag for the rain.

I had to ask the nurse for Ibuprofen Sat mid-ride as my lower back was giving me fits. 800 mg of Ibuprofen did the trick though and I finished strong. Mancos was cool...never even knew it existed before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.