Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just and update on the bike.. I've about declared this as my dirt road/relaxing ride bike. I've got a super light cross bike and needless to say steel isn't light, but man is it a great riding bike! Full DA, open pro rims on DA hubs.. These are conti contact 32C tires with wire bead, so they are HEAVY, but then again, I never (knock on wood) get a flat..:D Which makes a ride more enjoyable!

Recently upgraded from a 46 to a 48 up front since I'm gonna use it more for all around use.. It's amazing how versitile a 48 ring is..

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it's around 18.5..

I sent you an email earlier complementing your ride.. With tubulars, it's closer to 18.0, but with the set up you see, it's probably closer to 19.5.. Continental wire bead 32c tires are HEAVY! I would think if you went with Ksyrium SL tubulars, yours would be below 18..

· Registered
304 Posts
I gotta say- that is an amazingly 'weight-weeniesque' statement to relegate that work of art to 'relaxing bike' duty. Please let me take it off your hands so you can have a proper relaxing bike and we can swap even-on for my cross check? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.