Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a plan. I'm heading to DC after the ride to pick up my daughter, who has an internship on Capital Hill. I'm hoping to have some time for a ride around DC on Thursday or Friday.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
Sounds like a plan. I'm heading to DC after the ride to pick up my daughter, who has an internship on Capital Hill. I'm hoping to have some time for a ride around DC on Thursday or Friday.
Or we could go for a paddle first.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MB1 said:
Or we could go for a paddle first.
I could go for that. Do you have an extra kayak, PFD, paddle, etc.? I've thought about bringing my kayak to BV but don't really want to leave it on my truck all week as it might be gone when I get back from the ride.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
I could go for that. Do you have an extra kayak, PFD, paddle, etc.? I've thought about bringing my kayak to BV but don't really want to leave it on my truck all week as it might be gone when I get back from the ride.
We have 2 tandems in DC and 4 PFDs but no extra paddles (we could easily get extra paddles). However we store our fast tandem at Jacks Boat House and they have everything you could want for a couple hour paddle (including fairly good quality sea kayaks). Great location too (Georgetown on the Potomac).

So if a one or two hour paddle on the Tidal Potomac with great views of DC would work for you Jacks is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My daughter has arranged a tour for me on Thursday (7/1), but I might be free on Friday morning. I am tempted to throw my Necky Manitou on my truck and bring it with me, but may need to drive my wife's Honda Accord, which has no way to carry a kayak. I am going to be moving my daughter out of her dorm at GWU and driving her back to Raleigh, so the truck might not work for that. Does Jacks have kayak rentals?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.