Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
give us an update of you order from them. I've known about them for a while, but I've been too chicken to place an order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i was quoted 220 for shipping anything, no matter how much is ordered, to the US when I emailed them. I am seriously thinking about this...seriously.

neil

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered from them a while back. It took 3 weeks but it was legit. Since then the cost of shipping is outrageous for small items. Only order if you are getting a really good deal. I am interested in a Cento Uno but I am concerned about tariffs. The last time I didn't pay any tariffs for items but a complete bike may be different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess is to protect US retailers. Sucks. I didn't ask them whether they can ship Wilier bikes to the US.

neil

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a willier izoard w/ultegra bike in februay from bikebuster, they are the willier dealer for demark. The bike was $1400.00 less than I could find in the Us or Canada. After the purchase they emailed and said they could'nt ship to me in colorado. They said they where negotiating with their shipper, and maybe in september they would have it worked out. I thought oh crap internet,overseas... We emailed back and forth for me to arrange my own pickup. Got a quote from fedex for $1400.00... In the first of march they emailed and said the bike was on its way! Shipping for a bike was $300.00 ups, no tariffs or taxs. Bike ride like a dream. recovering from total knee replacement and its great to get out. I feel that bikebuster are the real deal in everyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why doesnt it say cant ship to US for other bikes? I am really tempted to buy the bike, but am worried about buying a bike without knowing the size is perfect. I tried emailing them a couple time, but got a automated email back saying my email has been filtered out.
Do they have a phone number? when you ordered did it still say not shipping to US?

·
Registered
460 Posts
out2dasea, go off your current top tube/stem combination. That is the only size you really need to worry about. Most frames now days a slopping so the seat tube is short for the frame size. Crank length and bar width are what they are. Whatever size you are comfortable on now you will be comfortable on tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
out2dasea said:
Why doesnt it say cant ship to US for other bikes? I am really tempted to buy the bike, but am worried about buying a bike without knowing the size is perfect. I tried emailing them a couple time, but got a automated email back saying my email has been filtered out.
Do they have a phone number? when you ordered did it still say not shipping to US?
I asked them and besides for apologizing for not being able to deliver Wilier to the USA, they said this was per agreement with Wilier USA. They told me any other brand they could ship.
Funny guys they even referred me to competitive cyclist when I asked where I could buy a Wilier in the USA, who ever heard of a shop referring to a competitor?

Anyway I found a connection in Europe who could sell me Wilier at nearly the same prices as Bikebuster so problem solved for my part. I got a Wilier Cento1 with Di2 for about 6000 bucks which was 4000 below the price they quoted me at competitive cyclist! I was very unsure about the European connection though but they agreed to using paypal and the bike was delivered in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
mrowkoob said:
I asked them and besides for apologizing for not being able to deliver Wilier to the USA, they said this was per agreement with Wilier USA. They told me any other brand they could ship.
Funny guys they even referred me to competitive cyclist when I asked where I could buy a Wilier in the USA, who ever heard of a shop referring to a competitor?

Anyway I found a connection in Europe who could sell me Wilier at nearly the same prices as Bikebuster so problem solved for my part. I got a Wilier Cento1 with Di2 for about 6000 bucks which was 4000 below the price they quoted me at competitive cyclist! I was very unsure about the European connection though but they agreed to using paypal and the bike was delivered in 2 weeks.
If they cannot/will not ship to the USA, then Competive Cyclist is not really a competitor. Good business sense will have you recommend a reliable alternate source if you cannot fulfill a customers needs. Good for them, but not unusual.

BTW, where did you finally score the Wilier?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blue CheeseHead said:
BTW, where did you finally score the Wilier?
Through a member on cyclingforums who gave me an email adress to a small shop in Europe. The guy responsible for the shop gave me three options. Pay with bank transfer, pay through paypal (he was verified and demanded that I was as well) or he could put the bike on ebay and let me buy it there again with paypal (he said if that made me feel more comfortable with the purchase he would) Although he wanted me to pay the ebay and paypal fees if I insisted on that. So I dealt with him directly thus saving the 3% ebay wants for a sale but had to pay the 4% paypal charges for a transfer but that was no loss because if you shop online in a bikeshop located in Europe you often get several creditcard fees such as exchange fees and so forth usually in the range of 3-5% so there was no way round that expense regardless unless I paid by bank transfer but that gave no protection against fraud so I chose not to. Anyway the bike is perfect and the Di2 shifting compares to nothing else. SRAM and Campa better on the train on electronic shifitng.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a lapierre xelius 400 FJD whole bike from them. Ordered August 28 (saturday) and they emailed me back to sent photocopy of my driver's license cause I ordered it by credit card. Sent them what they need and received the package by UPS September 3 (friday). Package arrived in perfect condition with minimal assembly. I was impressed by their service and the bike is way cheaper than the US retailers and very beautiful. I got a very positive experience with them. Will do business with them again maybe in the next few years for another bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts