riding, pianissimo
beneath a warm spring sun
benediction

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toomanybikes said:
What's that blue stuff behind the trees???
I am not quite sure. There also were several sightings of a very scary ball of fire ...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toomanybikes said:
Well, maybe there's hope after all.

Send some of it this way woulda' ....??
Righto... it looks good for you tomorrow: 24 and sunny.

BTW I plan on cycling to Summerland in just over a month for some wine tasting. Figuring on three days to get there via the Coquihalla/Connector, two or three days for visiting a bunch of vineyards (friends are driving up) then 2.5 days home via the Hope-Princeton. Planning on only one day (the last) to be over 200 km.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
oarsman said:
...BTW I plan on cycling to Summerland in just over a month for some wine tasting. Figuring on three days to get there via the Coquihalla/Connector, two or three days for visiting a bunch of vineyards (friends are driving up) then 2.5 days home via the Hope-Princeton. Planning on only one day (the last) to be over 200 km.
Man, that sounds like a great ride. :)

Too bad it is going to snow... :yikes:

G

·
Well, the good news about the last day is that it is mostly downhill.

Let me know when you;re in the hood.

Don't forget about the highway project going on on Highway 97 between Peachland and Summerland - you can get through but there are a lot of closures and it's pretty rough.

Check out www.arthon.com

You can get aroundit by taking a back road into Summerland, would be fine by bike.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toomanybikes said:
Don't forget about the highway project going on on Highway 97 between Peachland and Summerland - you can get through but there are a lot of closures and it's pretty rough.

Check out www.arthon.com

You can get aroundit by taking a back road into Summerland, would be fine by bike.
Don't think I knew about that bit... Where is that back road? Do you mean the dirt one that starts a bit north of Princeton? Haven't been on that for over 20 years.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MB1 said:
Too bad it is going to snow... :yikes:
That is NOT funny. Could happen, mind you. I had a memorable ride over Allison Pass where it snowed - and that was in June!

I've been meaning to do this ride for a couple of years. I've done parts of it, but never the whole thing. The mountain passes aren't too high and the grades are fairly gentle. Mostly good shoulders, but the highways are quite busy. There are only so many routes through the mountains so finding quiet roads is pretty much impossible.

G

·
oarsman said:
Don't think I knew about that bit... Where is that back road? Do you mean the dirt one that starts a bit north of Princeton? Haven't been on that for over 20 years.
Nope,

There is a road that goes from Peachland ( Princeton Road) that heads up the side of the hill and then goes acrosds the dam to connect with Garnett Road coming out of Summerland.

I have the BC backroads book and will take a photo of the page for you. Doesn't add much more than about 5 or 6 miles but takes you off the highway, and out of the construction zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.