Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you ever return a bike to bikesdirect ?
My friend (he is in the U.S) got the wrong size (his mistake) and needs a swap. He didn't assemble the bike and still has packaging etc. Its only two days since it was delivered so all the t&c's etc are covered. I was just hoping for some feedback on whether they are helpful/quick etc?
thanks for any help/Advise.

·
Registered
357 Posts
From the BD.com site:

Money Back Guarantee
We know you will be happy with your bike.
If for any reason you are not, return it in new condition within 30 days of purchase date for a refund or exchange.
Email us at [email protected] for proper return instructions.

Hopefully they stand behind that. I'm curious to hear about your friends experience, as I just got my bike as well. Everything on mine looks great and the size is perfect, so I'm not planning on using this myself, but that was one of my fears buying from them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Before and after I purchased my bike from BD I had a lot of emails with them to feel comfortable. My gut feeling is they will take the bike back but you probably will have to pay shipping. Discussed on the emails was internet dealers reputation on these forums. They are very much aware of what is said here and know bad publicity will lead to reduced business. That said after my purchase I needed information about which manufacturer made certain parts and needed the size of the stem so I could get a different size and they were very cooperative. They even offered to sell me a different size at a good price which I didn't opt for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts