Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone here knows what the fate was of the bicycles from the movie.
One was ridden to victory in the movie. I believe it went back to Specialized. I don't know that for sure but I believe I read that somewhere. The other went over the side of the mountain. Did they just leave it there or did someone go get it after the shot was filmed?
I have tried several times on the internet to see if there is any info but no luck so far.
I guess I could Email Specialized and see if they would be willing to tell me.
I just thought this forum with it's vast knowledge someone would know it's fate.
Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I sent off an Email to Specialized. I am just curious as to what happened to that bike. I would still like to know if any of you honestly know. If you do would you be willing to divulge your info?

·
Cycling Addict
5,170 Posts
The one that went over the side of the mountain did so in Colorado National Monument. I can guarantee that the National Park Service did not allow the movie production crew to leave it there. What happened to it I do not know but you can rest assured that it was not left as trash.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I took one on a group ride and some "pro" brake-checked me going into a 180 turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts