Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm going on holiday to Florida this summer, and I'm considering purchasing a new bike, and at least some bike gear. The rumor has it that the prices in the states are much lower than the prices we have here in Norway.

Does anyone here know of any stores in Miami/fort lauderdale area that they recomend? Where can i get a good deal? Looking to buy cycleclothing (vests, jackets, arms, legs etc.), parts (SRAM Red/force groupset),. And potentially a bike ( for example the Cannondale SuperSix 2, or maybe even the SRAM RED equiped EVO).

Where do the locals buy their stuff??

All help is appreciated :)

Cheers

schelvis

·
Registered
890 Posts
I normally go to Alex's Pro Bike Shop in Davie (west of Fort Lauderdale), but only because I know Alex, the owner. Most of my stuff is purchased online though. I personally don't know any Cannondale dealers here, but nearly everyone should sell SRAM and a variety of clothing you want to buy.

Edit: send me a PM and let me know what area you are staying? I'll try to give you localized advice. If you have a bike and are nearby, we can meetup for a ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which websites do you recommend?

Which site is generally considered the best/cheapest place to purchase gear in the US?

Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
none

unless the shop is having a big sale almost all the prices are going to be msrp. i buy almost all my stuff online. the online stores in the UK are the cheapest. sometimes performancebike.com has a real sale and their stuff can be cheap as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just be careful going back to Europe with anything you buy. You may be susceptible to any excise duty and taxes that you would have avoided by buying your clothing/groupset/bike whatever in the US.

Having said that if you can get through the "Nothing to Declare" channel then.......

·
Registered
176 Posts
My brother works at Alex's Bike Shop. One of the few trustworthy shops down here.

Another is Cyclevolution, def the best when it comes to fixing/building bikes. Very anal.

Everyone else I have had bad experiences.

Unfortunately most of the Cannondale dealers in South Florida are not very good shops which I have had bad experiences. A shame since I love Canny road bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.