Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
yikes!

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skyphix said:
Which is why, as soon as I'm out of the IT Field, I will have no need for a smartphone.
i successfully lobbied against adding texting to our phones. if i get a smart phone, work is going to pay for it. we are already spending a truck load of money for my wife to talk to her friend in NJ. 350 minutes so far this billing cycle to her friend alone out of 850 we share.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What is the savings you get with a free phone from your carrier with whatever minutes in a $39 plan which i think is the cheapest with no texting. ~1500 a year? What would the fun in that be? I like the iPhone.

I could save $1500 a year in other areas that would not effect me as much. Like hotdogs only for a week a month. Just sayin...

Some people pay $150 a month in interest on a car loan. (Separate thread needed for that one)

Cool site though thanks for mentioning it.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in thinking about my needs and what a smart phone would get me... i'd be better off getting an iPod Touch instead. that would give me access to my calendar, email, music, and apps via wifi. when the Touch came out, i didn't get it's purpose, but now i do. if i'm in places that have wifi, why not take advantage of it without having to spend crazy money per annum.

the downside, i couldn't smurf the web while in the middle of nowhere. is that a downside?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
asciibaron said:
i successfully lobbied against adding texting to our phones. if i get a smart phone, work is going to pay for it. we are already spending a truck load of money for my wife to talk to her friend in NJ. 350 minutes so far this billing cycle to her friend alone out of 850 we share.

I carry two - one for work, work, and one for outside of work, work. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts