Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everybody!

I'm on a tight budget but am in the market for this bike in Celeste. Looking for some insights on the best time of year to sag a good deal and who would have the best deal on line or lbs. Also, has anyone equipped theirs with the Sram Apex gruppo? My climbs are typically 5 -6 percent and short. Occasionally, longer climbs with grades ranging from 4 - 12 percent. Figured the wider ratios of the Apex 34/50 with 11-32 cassette would be better than 34/50 w/ 12-25. Any thoughts on that? Appreciate your help.

·
Music Man
967 Posts
I just bought a Bianchi Infinito about 5 weeks ago. My LBS owner had to order one for me. I was told none of the bike companies made enough 2010 bikes, so they mostly sold out of them pretty early, so they started to release the 2011 models a few months early. With that said, there really are no good deals going on right now.

When I bought my Infinito, I asked the bike shop owner if he would give a discount if I paid cash for the bike rather than using a credit card. He gave me a 10% cash discount. The Infinito listed for $3100. My OTD price with sales tax was $3195. That included swapping out the stock tires for Conti Gatorskins too. I also got two feww Polar water bottles and cages and a Planet Bike rear light in the deal too.

Personally, I would never buy a bike online.

I have the Ultegra 6700 compact on my bike. I live in northern Florida where I have to pedal some rolling hills here and there, but no mountains. Maybe someone else will be able to help you with answering your question about SRAM Apex.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts