Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen on our training walk today, in the foothills.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
terry b said:
California Thrasher in post breeding molt.
I knew you would know what it was! We also ran into a flock of wild turkeys, and a doe and her fawn. Picture fail though..

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
are they good to eat?

Recently I have had a HUGE number of turkeys both in my yard and they appear to be roosting above the middle of my driveway. I am going to have to try to get some pictures. There seem to be 2 hen and at least 6 or 7 of the second set for the year, of chicks. (they are probably say 6 weeks old? They are fledged and fly)

And I almost go clipped by a deer crossing the road yesterday, I was coming down a slight grade, 8 mph breeze at my back and I WAS MOVING....I am SO glad I didn't hit it or get hit by it

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
jeebus said:
California thrasher? You mean like TSOL and the like?
Jack is alive and well and living in the LBC! I see him regularly and he is definitley not in post breeding molt!

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
are they good to eat?

Recently I have had a HUGE number of turkeys both in my yard and they appear to be roosting above the middle of my driveway. I am going to have to try to get some pictures. There seem to be 2 hen and at least 6 or 7 of the second set for the year, of chicks. (they are probably say 6 weeks old? They are fledged and fly)

And I almost go clipped by a deer crossing the road yesterday, I was coming down a slight grade, 8 mph breeze at my back and I WAS MOVING....I am SO glad I didn't hit it or get hit by it

Turkey is the new chicken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts