Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From procycling.com:

The codenames discovered on the back of a business card confiscated from haemotologist Jose Luis Merino are thought to have offered further important clues. One of those codenames - "Birillo" - happens to also be the name of Basso's pet dog. The investigators' suspicions may have deepened when they realised that former Comunitat Valenciana man Alejandro Valverde owns a dog called "Piti" - another name which appeared on the business card.

Reports in Spain have indicated that Valverde escaped action today as the last references to "Piti" allegedly date from 2004.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I'm pretty sure my dogs have been doping. They lay around a lot with glazed looks and drool dripping.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
terzo rene said:
I kind of wonder what the dates are with Basso since he was supposed to have dumped Cecchini last summer.

Pretty funny they are blaming it on the dog again.
I'd have to go search for the report, but I'm pretty sure the stuff against Basso extends up to the Giro. Something about messages between him or his people and the doping group in Spain.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
I'd have to go search for the report, but I'm pretty sure the stuff against Basso extends up to the Giro. Something about messages between him or his people and the doping group in Spain.
A little off, Nothing from Basso, nothing from anyone previously connected to Basso. A message between Labarta and Fuentes where Labarta refers to Basso as one of Fuentes's clients. Also, a document with the logo of Fuentes' company in which Basso is referred to as a collaborator.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul02news2
But let me tell you, as the real coach of Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis, and Tiger Woods, I can attest that if a coach claims someone is his client, that's a guaranteed fact.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
asgelle said:
A little off, Nothing from Basso, nothing from anyone previously connected to Basso. A message between Labarta and Fuentes where Labarta refers to Basso as one of Fuentes's clients. Also, a document with the logo of Fuentes' company in which Basso is referred to as a collaborator.
QUOTE]

You seemed to have missed the next sentence in the cyclingnews.com report, "The affirmation of the relationship between Basso and Fuentes leads to the code name "Birillo" and consequently to the number two of the blood samples."

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like they have his blood in the Fuentes' clinic. This could or possibly already has been confirmed by DNA matching. And the coincidence that Basso's dog's name is apparently "Birillo" which matches the codename system the lab was using.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.