Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they still fall for that @ 7? I know toddlers are easy like that :p

When I babysat a 2 yr old recently, we were cleaning up after eating out, and she started singing "cleeeeean up, cleeeean up......" :p

They wise up by the time they get to elementary school, though.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
What are the kids into these days? :confused:

I never knew, but having had nieces.... this list looks like it has some ideas for different personalities. Seems one of the more reasonable lists online, price wise (so not many look like they are $250) Gifts for 7 Year Old Girls | Imagination Soup

Might want to look at the boys list, and the 8yo lists too. Should at least give you an idea or two.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,139 Posts
Gift certificates are always a hit. Unless you know what she's into -- barbie, some disney princess stuff, stuffed aminals, etc. -- you can end up buying something she won't like.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never knew, but having had nieces.... this list looks like it has some ideas for different personalities. Seems one of the more reasonable lists online, price wise (so not many look like they are $250) Gifts for 7 Year Old Girls | Imagination Soup
Ahhh a glimpse into kid culture, thanks!

I've been lost ever since they closed down our nearest Barnes & Noble.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
what if i told you that all children really want is a hug and to be loved ...

by an xbox game console?

Reactions: jason124

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
What are the kids into these days? :confused:
Maybe that's not the way to go. If it's your daughter, how about a hiking pole and an outing in a state forest? Cross a creek, ponder autumn from a rock ledge.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe that's not the way to go. If it's your daughter, how about a hiking pole and an outing in a state forest? Cross a creek, ponder autumn from a rock ledge.
LOL!! If this were my kid, I would hope to be slightly more in tune to what she wants!

This is my niece in CA. So I barely ever see her. Though I seem to have a decent track record picking out gifts for her older siblings, I don't want to be too repetitive.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Some nice quality color pencils and a coloring book......Not Dora the Explorer.....they got some cool coloring books now......

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
LOL!! If this were my kid, I would hope to be slightly more in tune to what she wants!

This is my niece in CA. So I barely ever see her. Though I seem to have a decent track record picking out gifts for her older siblings, I don't want to be too repetitive.
When I was 7, I got a quarter taped inside a birthday card.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,139 Posts
You know what all kids like? Cash.

Get her some nice new crisp twenties. She'll be delighted.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
If you really care for the kid, you'll get her a Pony.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested a new bicycle.

And I've been ordering online from local stores and selecting "free in-store pickup." You could actually pick out a bike, pay for it and have them pick it up at the store or shop out there. Saves you having to ship it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts