Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning for my 29th at 5 and decided to take a half day at work. I made about 80 miles before I gassed with quite a large elevation gain.

Started out here riding in the dark on the Burke Gillman Trail From Bothell in tward Seattle for about 15 miles.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took a small break in the UDistrict and had a strange realization... there were more women riding through here than men, by a lot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passed through Downtown but didnt stop to take many pictures, was more concerned with dodging cars for about an hour. Then worked my way to the south end of Lake Washington.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Passed over the Freeway in Renton and circled around behind Cougar Mountain. From there I started a ***** of a climb up to Fall City.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bonked hard on this hill coming into Redmond from the east but managed to drag myself the last 12 miles at around 15 miles an hour... to meet the fam for lunch. Then work.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
First of all, congrats and happy birthday!... It looks like it was a beautiful ride.

Second...are you nuts??? 80 miles with one water bottle? You mention taking a break. I'm hoping you tanked up on the liquids as well. Otherwise, you're lucky you only bonked with 12 miles to go.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Glad to hear it. In that case, I defer back to simply congrats and happy birthday! :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
No fenders?!?

BTW meeting the family for lunch is always a winner!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Nice way to Celebrate....

and good way to end it. HAPPY BIRHTDAY.....:23: :cornut:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Nice route. Did you go through May Valley on the east side of Cougar Mountain? I like that stretch.

Enjoy the last year of your twenties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts