tom_tt.jpg

-Ben Jacques-Maynes Makes His Return-

Grand Rapids, Mich., - BISSELL Pro Cycling's (BPC) Tom Zirbel is back on form and ready to challenge America's top time trialists in pursuit of the USA Cycling time trial championship. Zirbel's recent Tour of Utah Stage 5 time trial victory sent out a clear warning that when he exits the start gates on August 30 in South Carolina at the Greenville Hospital Systems USA Cycling Pro Championships, he will be on a mission.

"I feel really good right now and my time trialing is where it needs to be," said Zirbel following his Utah victory. "My mid-season crash kept me off the bike long enough to feel the effects but this warm-up gave me the confidence I needed - just to know that I've returned to where I was earlier in the season - and I am looking forward to leaving it all out there on the course in Greenville."

The US Pro Championship will also mark the return of Ben Jacques-Maynes who has been recovering from an early July crash and broken collar bone suffered during the Cascade Cycling Classic's Stage 4 criterium. Prior to that Jacques-Maynes was racking up Time Trial victories with a Mt Hood Prologue win and a 9-second victory over US NRC leader Rory Sutherland at the Nature Valley Grand Prix. Sunday's Time Trial contenders might also pay close attention to Graham Howard, 2nd place finisher at the 2007 U-23 US National Time Trial Championships.

Saturday's road race will see a solid BISSELL Pro Cycling roster line-up headed by Zirbel and BPC co-captain Aaron Olson. Super domestique and Tour de Nez overall winner Olson and 2008 break-out star Teddy King are likely to factor in on the attacks to keep the field on their toes. Burke Swindlehurst has shown up consistently strong in Greenville; Zirbell, Howard and Scott Zwizanski will be among those working to help get Swindlehurst where he needs to be toward the end of the grueling 110 mile road circuit.

"The guys have surpassed all expectations this year," remarked BISSELL's Director Sportif, Glen Mitchell. "It hasn't been just one or two guys carrying the weight and the accompanying pressure. Everyone has stepped up and that's allowed an opportunity for recovery across the board. The team effort has paid off; it has created a team camaraderie and confidence that has been a significant contributing factor to our results this season. We'll be looking to make a mark in Greenville."