Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the sizing of the sloping frames from Colnago. I currently ride a Trek Madones sl in a size 56. The top tube length is 56cm. The geometry on the Colnago site states that a sloping 56 has a 56.8cm top tube yet the reference chart next to the sloping chart makes it look comparable to a 60cm standard. The 60cm has a top tube length of 58cm. Should I just be concerned with the top tube length of the sloping frame or is this frame going to be too big. I know if it is comparable to a 60cm it will be too big. Any help from those with knowledge of the colnago sizing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What saddle height do you ride on the trek (center of BB to top of saddle)?

In Colnago, I use a '54', with a 54 TT, and a 120 stem. This is also the same as the sloping '50'. I have a saddle height of just over 73cm.
If I were to buy a Trek, I'd pretty much have to go with a '56' for the head tube length, but would use a really short stem....

I think you need to look at the head tube lenghts, your current stem length, etc.
I think either a sloping '50' or '52' will work, depends what you want for stem lenghts, spacers underneath, amount of post showing, etc.
Oh, and I believe the sloping '52' is supposed to be the same as the square '56'. Not sure how you are comparing it to a 60..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts