Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is in the SSW forum but it can be kind of dead and I just had to share the pics, the bike looks pretty. It is also done I think, one last piece is enroute it will take me to 11 pounds. Now it sits at 12.36 and is daily ridden. The bike has a custom tuned FD that comes in at 49g now but with the hew hardware it will be at around 43, soon sub 40. Anyways, hope you guys like them all, I just wanted to share with a larger audience.

If anyone asks, the FD is pretty indepth but not too much work to pull off, it has custom carbon pivots and what not, stock was 78g! Hope you like it, any tips just holler!

Cheers,
K

·
100% torqued
766 Posts
I got a ideah.

Any of you weight watcher dudes tried drilling out carbon parts yet, like they used to drill aluminum in the olden days. I bet you could get down to like 9 pounds or something.:D

Nice bike. Similar in price to my entire college education. Not sure what that says but its true.

·
Incredibly slow
545 Posts
Howzitbroke said:
Nice bike. Similar in price to my entire college education. Not sure what that says but its true.
What it says is that you are old (so am I). My boss was just expressing his surprise that Duke is now $41K/year, and I told him that he obviously hasn't been paying attention. What I used to pay for an entire semester wouldn't pay for a single semester hour today, and if gas had gone up as much as tuition, we would be paying over $9/gallon.

To the OP: nice bike. I wonder how long before someone starts offering carbon fiber cables.

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
Ditch the handlebar tape and lose another 40g:D Just kidding.

Sweet bike - how does something that light feel out on the road?

Also, what's the deal with the three largest cassette cogs - they look bronze in color, or is it just the light?

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daily ride remember? There are no "sacrifices" on this bike. It is fast, comfy, reliable, it just happens to be really light. The cassette is a KCNC three piece cassette. Mine came in at 117g with lockring for an 11/23. It is made from Ti/7075/Scandium. The Bronze is Ti nitride coated Scandium. It shifts great with my KMC X10SL chain, just superb!

K

·
limit screwed
806 Posts
How do you intend to drop it down to the 11 pound range; new fork?

I think a Look HSC5 would look pretty nice on the Scott, and it only weighs 295 grams. The Easton EC90 SLX weighs about the same, but wouldn't match the bike as well, in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and of course some Lightweight Ventoux wheels. 950 grams for the set. That's 170 grams off of the listed weight of your 303s.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Or just get the Scott CR1 superlite fork, just as light as the SLX or the HSC5 and suits the bike perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts