Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying for an all-black 9spd 105 group - so far I've found great deals on 80% of the parts on probikekit.com and nashbar.com.

I'm still searching for black 105 calipers and black 105 rear derailleur.

Does anyone know where to find this stuff these days? I would be interested in used if less than 1000 miles on it and excellent condition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nasbar had the rear derailleur recently

Maybe you already checked there and they are out but about 1 month ago I bought front and rear black derailleurs from Nashbar very cheap. The calipers are tougher. Nobody I found has them. I bought a pair of take off Tektros from a brand new Giant that are black for $30.00. You probably want all Shimano but the Tektros are just as good except for the brake pads and that is easily remedied. Brand new ones show up on E-Bay all the time and are one option to consider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cervelo said:
Maybe you already checked there and they are out but about 1 month ago I bought front and rear black derailleurs from Nashbar very cheap. The calipers are tougher. Nobody I found has them. I bought a pair of take off Tektros from a brand new Giant that are black for $30.00. You probably want all Shimano but the Tektros are just as good except for the brake pads and that is easily remedied. Brand new ones show up on E-Bay all the time and are one option to consider.
Yep, checked Nashbar.com; they only have polished rear derailleurs now. I ended up ordering black campagnolo mirage calipers as the black 105 calipers were not available either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.