Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
brownish
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a set of these? My LBS only has the redish/orange ones. I've asked them if they could get me the black ones but they said they would have to order 20 pair of them but they don't really want to bring that many in. Anyone seen these online or at their LBS?

They are Bontrager part no. 271545

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
they've been discussed quite a bit in General Discussion after Disco showed them off a few years ago. I have a set that work OK. It really depends on the road you ride and your cockpit. You may notice a huge differance, you might not notice a thing. If you have the option, get the heavier ones that Bonty makes, they will work better if you follow the harmonic dampning theory.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah...they're hard to find. the LBS here is too small to order 20 of these, nobody buys them here or could care less or both. imho, they work. I bought 5 pairs of the red/orange ones on ebay for a whopping $20 including shipping, brand new, and gave them out to my riding buddies and they all swear by them. I got lucky on ebay and snagged 2 pairs of the black ones for myself ($30+ incl. shipping)-new-but i haven't seem them on ebay for a while now. Personally, I notice a small difference, but not as significant as Aztec vibration damping pads, but at least the buzz kills don't add a half inch of diameter to your handle bars like the pads do. You can always take a black magic marker to the ends and make them black-heh heh...I think I'll try that actually...still have a pair of the red ones lying around in my bike parts cabinet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
forget magic markers...

Just tried it...it looks great until you clean them with foaming bike cleaner/polish. Oddly enough, windex won't take it off, but Giant's liquid silk foaming cleaner/polish takes it right off and leaves an ugly looking buzzkill. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.