Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I wore black (Spiuk) socks today for the first time. I got into cycling when the UCI decreed that all bibs had to be black and all socks had to be white, which means I'm a bit of a traditionalist. LA was one of the first pros to do the black sock thing – I therefore took an instant dislike to it (like wearing those lame yellow Livestrong bangle things).
Today I decided to live a little dangerously and go with the black socks. I actually made it to work in one piece. I felt like a naughty schoolboy. Perhaps I need to get out a bit more?

· Registered
162 Posts
Thank you sir may I have another...

Yes! Yes! You're a naughty school boy! And you know what we do with naughty school boys, don't you? And yes! You'll like it! You'll like it and be naughty some more! Whoo! Yes...

you naughty, naughty thing.

· I want a Road Bike :)
4,121 Posts
Mootsie said:
Were they short or tall ones? Short black is now the "old school white" look and tall is the "in" thing.

Dang... I only have black socks, dont know how many, but they're a lot, and they're the short ones..

definitively oooooout

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
"...I wore black (Spiuk) socks today for the first time."

You sir, are a complete disgrace! Henceforth, please do not ride within 100 meters of me.

· Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mootsie said:
Were they short or tall ones? Short black is now the "old school white" look and tall is the "in" thing.
Mootsie, they're short and black for the time being. Christophe Moreau looks like a delinquent skateboarder with those shin-high numbers. LA also went for the long look, so for the time being the long look is out on two counts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.