Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all here owns a black lightning? I've heard a lot about 'em and I think they're gorgeous frames. I don't know why I'm ebaying right now. The last thing I need is another bike. The frame looks to be in pretty good condition, but it's too big for me. So as a consolation, post pics of your black lightning since I will probably never own one. :(

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Cool shots.

· Registered
29 Posts
Cheers zamboni.
I have been meaning to take some pitures of her for ages. And this thread gave me the excuse.
It's looking a little dusty i'll have to give it a clean tomorrow. And put the proper saddle back on. I keep playing with the idea of getting a custom fizik arione in black and gold. Desions desions.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I remembered Fizik made one for Saeco team with red & gold that is a good combo color.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
This is a special edition black hollowgram crank only made for Blacklighting and all Campy grouppo came with gold print.

· M Sport
111 Posts
Hey, I've got one of these. #4 out of 300. Great bike with all the campy record. I'll post up some pics just to keep this thread going. I got mine from a shop owner in Temecula. He told me the first 3 were given to the Saeco Team. Don't know if that parts true, but I do know that I paid a pretty penny for it. Anyone know what these went for when they were new back in 01 or 02 I believe? I know it's an old thread.

· Registered
290 Posts
Creaky just bought one for like $1000 on Ebay. Smokin deal. I saw the bike a couple of days before the auction ended. I had no idea it would go for that cheap. I already have a CAAD7 but I would have been seriously tempted at that price.

· Registered
5 Posts
Fltplan said:
Hey, I've got one of these. #4 out of 300. Great bike with all the campy record. I'll post up some pics just to keep this thread going. I got mine from a shop owner in Temecula. He told me the first 3 were given to the Saeco Team. Don't know if that parts true, but I do know that I paid a pretty penny for it. Anyone know what these went for when they were new back in 01 or 02 I believe? I know it's an old thread.
I believe Mario Cipollini has # 1 :thumbsup:

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Creaky just bought one for like $1000 on Ebay. Smokin deal. I saw the bike a couple of days before the auction ended. I had no idea it would go for that cheap. I already have a CAAD7 but I would have been seriously tempted at that price.
Yep, this is true. And now, I have a new Caad10 and I'm wondering what to do with my beloved Black Lightning #26 of 300.

It's no longer collector-grade... I've trained and raced this bike hard for 3+ years. But it still has the custom Campy group, the awesome Neutron wheels, and a few extra bits of gold bling that I've added after winning races.

I think I'll keep it. Always nice to have a backup bike.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Nice back up with Campy Grouppo, friend of mine had #226 on his bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.