Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these big tubs of Cytomax that I bought a few months ago. I make sure I screw the lid down tight after using it and it sits in my pantree until I use it. I just noticed today that there are these little black things in it. They do not look like bugs. The flavor is tropical fruit, and I never noticed them before, but I am getting down lower in the tub. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
SWSpeeder said:
I have one of these big tubs of Cytomax that I bought a few months ago. I make sure I screw the lid down tight after using it and it sits in my pantree until I use it. I just noticed today that there are these little black things in it. They do not look like bugs. The flavor is tropical fruit, and I never noticed them before, but I am getting down lower in the tub. Anyone have any thoughts?
pick em out?,,,or drink em?....do they dissolve?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
SWSpeeder said:

i think it is moisture that got in.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
SWSpeeder said:
That may be. No legs or wings. Just little black things. I will see if they dissolve.
My grape kinds of looks like that.

scoop it out and toss it the strange looking stuff if you want.

i never liked the taste of the grape - that one seemed to make my stomach more upset- which is suprising since the otehr flavors don't. So maybe the dark stuff is a problem.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've noticed the "black stuff" in my Cytomax, and just like mention, nearer towards the bottom. I've used a small tub and the big tub of Cytomax, and the small one had them the closer to the bottom, and the bigger one is still more than half full, but I can spot it in the drink. I assume it's part of the flavoring or carbs... that is unless Cytomax is made like chocolate powder... you know, cooked in the sun for weeks, and then filtered for impurities. :eek: :p

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
I wonder if the black isn't iron that has oxidized....does cytomax have iron in it?..(clue, iron makes the blood red..and carry oxygen)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I wonder if the black isn't iron that has oxidized....does cytomax have iron in it?..(clue, iron makes the blood red..and carry oxygen)
That's what I was wondering, I remember seeing that in some cereals i.e. the black flecks. Would be ineffective as it would take, if I remember correctly 4 days from baby red cell to full fledged O2 carrying member.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
AH1 said:
That's what I was wondering, I remember seeing that in some cereals i.e. the black flecks. Would be ineffective as it would take, if I remember correctly 4 days from baby red cell to full fledged O2 carrying member.
I wasn't assuming it was effective, was wondering if they added iron....lol...

and if you train hard every day.....iron is important......but there are MANY types of iron....licking the bridge pylons may not work for you...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I wasn't assuming it was effective, was wondering if they added iron....lol...

and if you train hard every day.....iron is important......but there are MANY types of iron....licking the bridge pylons may not work for you...
Soo much for our theory. 0 mg Iron added. I looked into my tub, some dark flecks, probably some macro minerals like cesium, uranium, lead. Guess I'll have to lick that bridge to get the iron in my diet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.