Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of a black wheelset with red nipples. I Goggled it but the word nipples sent me to other sites. Not that there's anything wrong with "those" nipples. I just don't think "those" kinda nipples would look good on my wheelset.

Anyone?

Alpinist

·
Registered
41 Posts
This may not be the clearest shot, but I've enlarged a portion of a pic of my roadbike. The hubs are Dura Ace 7700s and Velocity Aerohead rims. I didn't build them myself and wasn't too sure about how they'd look, but now I want to rebuild all of my wheels this way. :)

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
Check out "Geo Got New Wheels" post on this form

I just posted pics of my new wheels this morning. Black rims & spokes with red alloy nipples.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Here's black spokes with red nipples and a red rim. Mike Garcia's red nipples are sort of burgundy, but still very bright.

...Geez. You pretty much can't see them at all. Ah well. The drive-side spokes on the rear have silver brass nipples, so ignore them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's some from my bike. DT RR1.1 rims, Speedcific hubs, 28 radial front, 28 1x non-drive, 2x drive. About 1450g built up (can't remember if that's with or without skewers, probably without).

I agree, Mike Garcia's red nipples are very bright, especially when the sun hits them. These wheels definitely get a lot of attention.

These may be up for sale...PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
SDizzle said:
Here's black spokes with red nipples and a red rim. Mike Garcia's red nipples are sort of burgundy, but still very bright.

...Geez. You pretty much can't see them at all. Ah well. The drive-side spokes on the rear have silver brass nipples, so ignore them.

S. Bullock? is that you, or does Sandra Bullock ride? (3rd photo).

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Alpinist said:
Anyone have a picture of a black wheelset with red nipples. Anyone?
Here's my track wheels I finished two days ago. Mavic Open Pro CD rims, Sapim Race spokes, red alum nipples, Campagnolo Record track hubs '70 vintage. I jusy snapped this pic fer ya. The rims I guess are dark grey and not black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts