1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mad11:11one
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't want to start another co2 vs minipump thread
but
until now i've been a co2 user...
stuffing 2 clunky cartridges in my jersey weighing me down.

saw an airstick sl at my lbs yesterday and couldn't resist... ($25)
small and lighter that one co2 cart, it is pretty amazing...

anyone else have one of these..... the sl is the really small white one.
can you actually pump to rec. psi?
also, since this series of pump doesn't lock the presta valve, you have to use hand
pressure to secure while pumping.... this makes me think that around 90psi, it would get pretty hard to keep the thing secure...? (bending, stressing valve etc.)

anyone...?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
you already bought it, right? why not just let the air out of a tire, use the pump, and see what psi you can get? surely you weren't going to use it for the very first time on the side of the road after chainging a tube/fixing a flat

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't have the Airstik I have a Topeak and it locks the valve stem. In my experience with these mini pumps you are going to work up a sweat past about 80psi. I usually get to 90 and call it quits. I also have a blackburn frame pump. I makes you work slightly less past 80psi but it's not a floor pump by any means. On longer 50+ rides I take the frame pump on shorter rides I take the mini. Honestly I don't get that many flats so have used both maybe twice. The mini pumps are a compromise but still a better choice then the CO2 cartridges in my opinion.

Ekh.

·
mad11:11one
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

FatTireFred said:
you already bought it, right? why not just let the air out of a tire, use the pump, and see what psi you can get? surely you weren't going to use it for the very first time on the side of the road after chainging a tube/fixing a flat
-------------------------

that's tonight....
passing time at work right now... :) (thx rbr)

·
Registered
890 Posts
san jacintos said:
It took some effort but I got up to 115psi and didn't try to any higher. Nice pump.
Good to know ... I've had this pump for 3 months but haven't tested it. I still carry a CO2, but have the pump as a backup. I only need to get to 80+ to ride comfortably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts