Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread here the other day and it got me thinking about my airstik, I have never serviced it. So I took it apart today as I recalled seeing a repair kit at my LBS some time ago and was wondering about a few things. What is in the rebuild kit? As I took the pump head off there were the remnants of 2 springs, rust ate them alive. So I found an old pen and took the spring out of it cut it half and replaced the old springs. What is/was the purpose of those springs? Next I looked at the o rings and the rest of the pump which looked fine to me, it still pumps air. I may try it on a tire here just to make sure it does not fail. It is just one of those things that you don't mess with until it fails, I'm being proactive with it now.

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
i think those springs were to minimize top-out or bottom-out of the shaft - don't think they served a purpose other than that.

The rebuild kit is pretty comprehensive - oddly, no springs, though.

EDIT - actually, there are springs included - had to enlarge the pic to see 'em.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.