Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thank you Jaime Foxx for making it cool for 12 year olds to sing about getting crunk:(

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Just wait till the kids get on the inter-webs and find the nice pix of daddy, mommy and all her nice girl friends!

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
gutfiddle said:
thank you Jaime Foxx for making it cool for 12 year olds to sing about getting crunk:(
You gotta interpret this for the over 50 crowd.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
gutfiddle said:
He "sang" that on American Idol the other night and I didn't understand a single word. Chances are, nobody else did either, so it's no big deal.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
gutfiddle said:
And what are your thoughts on Sir Mix-a-Lot's burger king commercial. Square butts......

Ends with "booty is booty".

12 is ancient compared with the target market for spongebob.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
dr hoo said:
And what are your thoughts on Sir Mix-a-Lot's burger king commercial. Square butts......

the target market for that commercial is the 30 something parents with children. bk has had spongebob kiddie meals for a while. its just now they are cheap with eth purchase of an adult value meal.

used to be they would market directly to teh child. but agencies are smart: market the cheapness to the parents. how do they get our attention? play a loud, funny song from our past. with a twist.

the commercial out The Wife cant stand is the white castle "pigdance" spot. i find it funny, and more like a BK commercial. she finds it disgusting for some reason. whats wrong with a stripper pig getting drenched in bbq sauce a la flashdance and having grown men salivate?

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
dr hoo said:

I think that the target audience of that commercial is the parents of current 12 year olds.

I LOLd when I saw it.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I think that the target audience of that commercial is the parents of current 12 year olds.

Again, 12 year olds are not the target age for spongebob. Kim Possible, sure, but not spongebob. That's for LITTLE kids. Ask any 12 year old.

Have you ever seen a 6 year old when spongebob comes on the tv? Not just the show, but any commercial? Any kid that is into spongebob will turn to that commercial immediately.

And personally, I don't really find sexual messages being directed towards children that young to be a source for laughter. Yeah, I'm sure I would laugh if a 6 year old started singing about booty and their parents got embarrassed. But a world where 6 year olds are singing about booty really isn't all that funny if you think about it.

·
Michigoose
821 Posts
dr hoo said:
And personally, I don't really find sexual messages being directed towards children that young to be a source for laughter. Yeah, I'm sure I would laugh if a 6 year old started singing about booty and their parents got embarrassed. But a world where 6 year olds are singing about booty really isn't all that funny if you think about it.
Why are booties bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts