Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just bought one of those super blenders and I have been using it to make lots of fruit and veggie juices.

Although I have not taken anything out of my diet and simply substituted the juice for the whole/raw materials, the weight loss has been phenomenal.

What's going on here?

Was I not digesting the whole foods and in starvation mode or does blending let the food run on through?

Anyone else have results with this?

Whatever is going on, it is really helping to slim me down to racing weight after three years of no results despite hard training.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
That's bizarre. I'd be interested in knowing what's going on as well. If you figure something definitive out please post what you've found.

·
Registered
21,544 Posts
Eating less

Dajianshan said:
My wife just bought one of those super blenders and I have been using it to make lots of fruit and veggie juices.

Although I have not taken anything out of my diet and simply substituted the juice for the whole/raw materials, the weight loss has been phenomenal.

What's going on here?

Was I not digesting the whole foods and in starvation mode or does blending let the food run on through?

Anyone else have results with this?

Whatever is going on, it is really helping to slim me down to racing weight after three years of no results despite hard training.
If anything, the blending should make the food more bio available and therefore you should be able to extract more calories from it. If you are truly losing weight (not just dehydrating) then you are either eating fewer calories or exercising more. That's it. No other explanation.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
I've been eating a lot cheese lately. Mostly swiss but also some cheddar and monterrey jack, and the belly flab has just been melting away.

·
wots...uh the deal?
1,276 Posts
Wait, you're blending SPAM in with the veggies?

(I try occasionally to take a big drink of water/milk/etc right before eating...try to fill the belly and feel full faster so I stop eating.)

Oh, and share the receipes!

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha!

All I am doing differently is putting the veggies I normally eat in a blender and making "bug juice" out of it.

Broccoli, banana, spinach, carrot, tomato, apple, juice. Stuff like that. I used to eat that for lunch, but now I drink it.

We've had lots of rain, so I am not even riding as often as before and losing the weight. I am guessing I was stuck in starvation mode and the increased ability to absorb nutrients shook me out of it.

Maybe I wasn't digesting it very well before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
were the veggies fresh when you ate them for lunch?

I would imagine that eating fresh pure vegatables are going to help rather than having something that is processed. This is where they loose all of the vitamins.

Weight loss isn't hard. Either comsume less or work out more.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before I would just wash and cut them and then take them to work in tupperware. Maybe steam the broccoli at work. Now I blend and carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts