Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am blessed
I am healthy
I have a beautiful, loving, healthy wife who makes every trip to the store feel like an adventure and tolerates my diversion in grad school that accomplishes nothing so much as feeding my vanity and making me happy
I have a ramshackle lean-to that we both enjoy working on.
I am blessed
I have healthy, happy parents and a sister who I truly consider friends as much as family
I have a pair of golden retrievers who treat my returns home as if they're the second coming of the Lord
I am blessed
I have a job that I enjoy and (I think) I do relatively well
I have a lot of options should this job fail to keep my interest
I am blessed
I have a bike that is much nicer than my riding ability would justify and which my wife encouraged me to buy.
I have an unlimited supply of Van Morrison in the CD collection should my mood ever sour.
I am blessed
I have Southern California's climate and Margarita on our pool deck whenever I want
I have the ability to ride in every month of the year
I am blessed
I have a crazy chat board that's lousy with interesting cyclists and never fails to make me smile
I have a crazy chat board that's lousy with interesting cyclists and never ceases to make me feel as though there are a multitude of strangers out there who aren't so strange and who sincerely care for people they've never met in person
I am blessed

I have a lot of things in my life that frustrate me, anger me, depress me, make me feel helpless, make me wish for something better. But whenever I feel the weight of those things, I remind myself of the many. many ways that I am blessed.

Anybody else blessed out there?

(sorry about the sappy post. This stuff has been roiling around in me for a while, and I wanted to share some of it)

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Great reminder.........

most of them I consider blessings also.....here are a few moreof mine.....

I am blessed
I am Here, when many things in my past say I shouldn't be.
I have accepted myself
I am blessed
I have a wife that accepts me in all my hunanness, who supports me when I'm not able, who honors me by her love
I have 4 wonderful, frustrating, beautiful, growing, evolving, caring adult children that never fail to reveal parts of me that I never knew were there.
I am blessed
I have friends that, in spite of having seen me at my best and at my worst, love me the way I am.
I have gotten my siblings back as an important part of my life, after decades of the very presence of any of us reminding each other of the hell we all lived thru.
I am blessed
I have challenging work that actually makes a difference sometimes and pays me more than I ever thought possible.
I have my health.
I am blessed
I've been accepted on a crazy cycling board in spite of being strange
I am part of the RBR community which helps as a social network in my work travel.
I am Blessed

Thanks jptaylorsg, for the reminder.

Len

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
I have a beautiful, incredibly bright, and insightful son.

I am alive, with a roof, food, employment, and transportation.

I'm "blessed" with many incredible friends, all over the country--you guys.

If it weren't for this forum, I would not have been "found" by my mentor.

Is it getting warm in here, or is it just me? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts