Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap! At this moment (Iowa) we are having a blizzard of side ways blown, huge snow flakes. They said we would get six inches but I didn't expect it all in 15 minutes. :eek:

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Turtleherder said:
Holy crap! At this moment (Iowa) we are having a blizzard of side ways blown, huge snow flakes. They said we would get six inches but I didn't expect it all in 15 minutes. :eek:

ZOMG i didnt think there was another Iowa person here! What part of the state are you located in? Down here around Burlington they were forcasting 6-8 inches by sunday morning. At 1:15 am local time we had ZERO inches of snow on the ground. Way to go weather peoples :thumbsup:

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
I'm in Quincy, IL right now with just a dusting of snow that'll be gone in a few hours. Just talked to a buddy of mine back in Peoria, 5-6" there. I might have to shovel the drive when I get home.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deastin said:
ZOMG i didnt think there was another Iowa person here! What part of the state are you located in? Down here around Burlington they were forcasting 6-8 inches by sunday morning. At 1:15 am local time we had ZERO inches of snow on the ground. Way to go weather peoples :thumbsup:

I'm upstream in Clinton. We do have a few Iowa refugees such as Bocephus, Dr.Hoo, and HenryPorter. We ended up with only 3.5". But it all came down in about an hour.

·
Registered
738 Posts
LOL, it seems like every spring, ma nature has to get one last wack at us. We're getting sloppy snow dumped on us along the southern tip of Lake Michigan right now. I'm glad I got a good ride in yesterday before the weather turned to sh!t.

·
720 Posts
Turtleherder said:
I'm upstream in Clinton. We do have a few Iowa refugees such as Bocephus, Dr.Hoo, and HenryPorter. We ended up with only 3.5". But it all came down in about an hour.

Clinton is not a bad area, I got some fam that lives in Davenport. The transplants you speak of I believe mostly resided in or around the Iowa City area. After waking up this morning I was pleased to see we had only a dusting of junk in the grass :thumbsup: thank god we didnt get the 4-8 inches they were calling for. I m down with winter and it needs to be done with us.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deastin said:
Clinton is not a bad area, I got some fam that lives in Davenport. The transplants you speak of I believe mostly resided in or around the Iowa City area. After waking up this morning I was pleased to see we had only a dusting of junk in the grass :thumbsup: thank god we didnt get the 4-8 inches they were calling for. I m down with winter and it needs to be done with us.

Maybe I misused refugee. I listed people that I knew were from Iowa but got out. And I forgot Weltyed, who grew up in the Quad Cities.

I used to go to Burlington for the race up the crookedest street, but haven't been back since you guys built the indoor water park.

·
720 Posts
Turtleherder said:
Maybe I misused refugee. I listed people that I knew were from Iowa but got out. And I forgot Weltyed, who grew up in the Quad Cities.

I used to go to Burlington for the race up the crookedest street, but haven't been back since you guys built the indoor water park.

Ahh you speak of The Snake Alley Crit. That is one nasty race and a half! The "indoor water park" also has an out door part. The entire complex is known as Fun City (most generic name evar!!!!!) Its really not a bad place over all. Check it out at www.onefuncity.com.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Darn tootin you forgot me!

Davenport, checking in. Corner of Farnum and Lombard. Now, not the best neighborhood inwhich to live. But at least its not Gaines street.

Turtleherder said:

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I grew up on Moline and went to school in Iowa. There are a few loungers from the area but we're pretty scattered. I'll be heading back in June. Anyone want to meet in the QC and ride?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.